Spills, stains, and scratches are going to happen. Follow these 6 tips from Decorative Materials to clean your natural stone tile products when accidents happen.
- Clean stone surfaces with a neutral cleaner, stone soap, or a mild liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water. pH neutral stone cleaner works effectively and is safe for all surfaces in the bath and kitchen.
- Similar to any item cleaned in your home, an excessive concentration of cleaner or soap may leave a film and cause streaks. Follow manufacturer recommendations.
- Use a clean rag mop on floors and a soft cloth for other surfaces for best results.
- Rinse the surface thoroughly after washing with the soap solution and dry with a soft cloth.
- Change the rinse water frequently.
- In the bath or other wet areas, soap scum can be minimized by using a squeegee after each use. To remove soap scum use a non-acidic soap scum remover.
< RELATED: Basic Tips To Preserve Your Stone Products >
If you have a question regarding cleaning and stain removal please contact a stone professional. Your Decorative Materials Design Consultant can make a recommendation.